factmsieve

  • torbjornalm
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009
      How do I run factmsieve.pl? I can factor using factlat.pl with no
      problems, using the latest core 2 distribution.

      factmsieve terminates after a short print out of options.

      Torbjörn Alm
    • Serge Batalov
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
        --- In ggnfs@yahoogroups.com, "torbjornalm" <talm@...> wrote:

        > How do I run factmsieve.pl? I can factor using factlat.pl with no
        > problems, using the latest core 2 distribution.
        >
        > factmsieve terminates after a short print out of options.
        >
        > Torbjorn Alm

        Usually you run it just like factlat.pl.
        There are a couple of gotchas in the script.

        First, of course, is to put a working binary of msieve (or msieve.exe
        on Win) next to all other binaries. Because you can run factlat.pl
        then you may have all binaries, just add msieve in the same path.

        Second is that the old version of the script wouldn't accept
        polynomials with rational side as m: (and missing Y1:/Y0:)... This is
        fixed in the version which is in SVN on SourceForge -
        http://ggnfs.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ggnfs/trunk/tests/

        If the problem is in the poly, could you please post it here?

        --Serge