What is cat.exe?

  • mataje2008
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008
      I am new here, and I would like to use GGNFS for factorizing.
      I use factmsieve.pl, but I get errors about cat.exe

      Help, please.
    • Serge Batalov
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2008
        --- In ggnfs@yahoogroups.com, "mataje2008" <mataje2008@...> wrote:

        > I am new here, and I would like to use GGNFS for factorizing.
        > I use factmsieve.pl, but I get errors about cat.exe
        >
        > Help, please.

        it is the program that is monitoring the _mouse_! :-)

        Ok, seriously, you will need to install the CygWin (
        http://www.cygwin.com/ ) environment. I assume that you have it, or
        did you install some variety of a perl for windows? Once CygWin is
        installed, in the CygWin shell you will have much fewer problems, if
        any.

        cat is one of the most basic un*x commands. You may have only
        received the very first error message; the errors about wc and other
        tools will immediately follow, if you would try to patch the symptoms
        and the problem.
      • mataje2008
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2008
          --- In ggnfs@yahoogroups.com, "Serge Batalov" <batalovs@...> wrote:

          > --- In ggnfs@yahoogroups.com, "mataje2008" <mataje2008@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am new here, and I would like to use GGNFS for factorizing.
          > > I use factmsieve.pl, but I get errors about cat.exe
          > >
          > > Help, please.
          > >
          > it is the program that is monitoring the _mouse_! :-)
          >
          > Ok, seriously, you will need to install the CygWin (
          > http://www.cygwin.com/ ) environment. I assume that you have it, or
          > did you install some variety of a perl for windows? Once CygWin is
          > installed, in the CygWin shell you will have much fewer problems, if
          > any.
          >
          > cat is one of the most basic un*x commands. You may have only
          > received the very first error message; the errors about wc and other
          > tools will immediately follow, if you would try to patch the symptoms
          > and the problem.

          Thank you for your answer.
          I solved my problem editing the path to cat.exe in factmsieve.pl
          Now I´m working with c120 digits.