Missing matbuild.exe?

  • Xyzzy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
      I have compiled GGNFS using the default settings (Makefile ->
      Makefile.athlon) and even successfully factored a SNFS difficulty 165
      number on my first try. (It took about 82 hours on a 1.8GHz T2400
      running on a single core.)

      I am using the following source code:

      http://www.math.ttu.edu/~cmonico/software/ggnfs/devel/ggnfs-0.77.0.tar.gz

      I wanted to see if the x86 version was faster so I set Makefile ->
      Makefile.x86 and compiled it, but GGNFS stops execution when it tries
      to invoke matbuild.exe because matbuild.c is not compiled in the
      Makefile.x86 make file.

      I just copied over the matbuild.exe from my original build for now and
      it works fine.

      I guess I'm posting this as sort of a bug report, but more likely I am
      just doing something wrong.

      BTW, I have tested this on both a Debian system and a Cygwin system.

      :)

      --
      Mike (Xyzzy)
    • deyringer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
        I'm using the CVS source code (because the tgz file didn't work on my
        computer). You can try getting and compiling by executing following
        commands on you commandline:

        cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/ggnfs login

        cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/ggnfs
        co -P branch_0

        Kind regards
      • Sander Hoogendoorn
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2007
          During my current factorization of a c137 the siever stops quite
          frequently with a return value 65280.
          Restarting with the same specialq returns the same value. I have to skip
          to a higher specialq before i'm able to continue.

          I'm using about 10 cpu's and several times a day i have to check if they
          are still running.

          => "../../bin/gnfs-lasieve4I14e.exe" -k -o spairs.out -v -n1 -a in.job
          FBsize 584794+0 (deg 5), 583713+0 (deg 1)
          total yield: 55546, q=10386029 (0.30845 sec/rel)-> Return value
          65280. Updating job file and terminating...
          =>"../../bin/cat.exe" spairs.out >> spairs.add

          I've seen this on more factorizations, but this one is the worst.

          What causes this problem and is there a way to prevent them (like
          letting factlat.pl skip 10K specialq and continue?

          Regards,
          Sander