Montgomery/Murphy polynomial

  • mage_stik
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi all,i'm very new at this but am getting hooked.
      can anyone point me to a tutorial for makeing the .poly file,
      and whats the bigest number to date that has been factored?

      Mart.
    • Andrei Belenko
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        m> Hi all,i'm very new at this but am getting hooked.
        m> can anyone point me to a tutorial for makeing the .poly file,

        You should check documentation provided with pol5* tools.
        Information on .poly files is given in file named INSTALL.and.USE
        under /src/lasieve4.

        m> and whats the bigest number to date that has been factored?
        Current GNFS (not GGNFS) record is RSA200 (664 bits,
        http://www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/records/rsa200)

        For GGNFS figures are different...
        I've done general RSA138 (~460 bits) some time ago. And it seems still
        to be record with GGNFS. Larger numbers are very difficult to factor
        with GGNFS because of it's poor postprocessing capabilities.

        --
        WBR,
        Andrei Belenko

        Member of International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR)