Fw: Get Ready for Ostara!: Day 3: Your Ostara Altar and Prayers

  • Katie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009

      Katie
      Independent Consultant
      The Body Shop At Home
      www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/kwalter

      Day 3: Your Ostara Altar and Prayers
      About.com
      Get Ready for Ostara!

      Day 3: Your Ostara Altar and Prayers

      Patti Wigington  from Patti Wigington
      For many Pagans and Wiccans, the center aspect of ritual is the altar itself. If you're planning an Ostara celebration, you may want to start thinking about what sort of things you'd like to put on your altar. Think seasonally -- and if you don't have any ideas of your own, don't worry, because we have plenty of reader photos to help you get started! Also, we'll talk a little today about prayers, and how they can be applied in an Ostara rite.

        Setting Up Your Ostara Altar

      It's Ostara, and it's a time of year in which many Wiccans and Pagans choose celebrate the balance of light and dark that heralds the beginning of spring. It's a time to celebrate new life and rebirth -- not only the physical embodiment of renewal, but the spiritual as well. Try some -- or all -- of these ideas to ready your altar for Ostara. Read About Altar Setup

        Readers' Ostara Altar Photos

      Not sure what you want your altar to look like yet? To get some ideas, and see how other Pagans and Wiccans do it, check out our Altar Photo Gallery! View Altar Photos

        Prayers for Ostara

      This is a time to celebrate spring, so prayers at Ostara often reflect that change of seasons. Included here are some simple prayers you can offer during your Ostara celebration, honoring the goddesses of spring, the resurrection of the earth, a garden blessing, and even a chant for Pagan kids! See Ostara Prayers

        Tomorrow: Ritual and Ceremony

      Tomorrow, we'll talk about some rituals and ceremonies you can do for Ostara. Whether you're working with a group, as a solitary, or even with your kids, there are plenty of ways you can celebrate!!

      Have a magical Ostara!