Fw: Get Ready for Imbolc!: Day 1: Intro to Imbolc

  • Katie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009
      Hey all,

      I thought this was an interesting thing that About.com is doing for the upcoming Sabbat so I thought I would share it with all of you.

      Katie
      Independent Consultant
      The Body Shop At Home
      www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/kwalter

      --- On Tue, 1/6/09, About.com Paganism / Wicca Guide <paganwiccan.guide@...> wrote:
      Day 1: Intro to Imbolc
      About.com
      Get Ready for Imbolc!

      Day 1: Intro to Imbolc

      Patti Wigington  from Patti Wigington
      Welcome to the Seven-Day Sabbat e-course for Imbolc! This week-long e-course will be delivered right to your mailbox each day for seven days. We'll be talking about ways to celebrate Imbolc, which falls on February 2 (if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, you'll be celebrating in August). To get started, let's talk a little bit about the history of Imbolc, as well as how to set up your altar for the Sabbat season.

        Imbolc History

      Imbolc is the time of year when early cultures began marking the weeks left of winter. They knew that their food stores were running low, yet spring planting was still a couple of months away. From the Romans to the Egyptians to some parts of Celtic society, this season was observed in many different ways. Learn about the origins of this early February holiday...Read More

        Setting Up Your Imbolc Altar

      What exactly should you put on your altar to celebrate Imbolc? Here's a hint - it's celebration of fire, so candles are a good place to start. Also, for many people it's a time to honor the goddess Brighid. Here some tips and ideas for setting up your own Imbolc altar this Sabbat season...Read More

        Imbolc Altar Gallery

      Want to see how other Pagans and Wiccans have set up their altars for the Imbolc season? Check out our Imbolc Altar Gallery, and share a photo of your own! Read More

        Have Questions About Imbolc?

      Pagan/Wiccan has a discussion forum - share your questions and ideas about Imbolc celebration on our message boards.

        Tomorrow: Legends and Lore

      Tomorrow, we'll be talking about some of the legends associated with this time of year - including deities of Imbolc, ancient Roman celebrations, and just how Pagan the February groundhog really is!

      Have a magical Imbolc!