Beauty Salon!

  • mariesultana@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      In a message dated 10/17/02 7:16:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      getclientsnow@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:01:37 -0700
      > From: "C.J. Hayden" <CoachCJ@...>
      > Subject: Re: HELP!
      >
      > Marie, you and I talked by phone after you sent this message yesterday
      > about some ideas for how to price training programs. If you put together a
      > structure that works for you with the beauty salon and your other client,
      > it would be great if you could share it with us.

      Well, I've got the Beauty Salon and I'm talking to a Tupperware Group.

      Basically, what CJ and I talked, (and I'm going to simplify) is that for a
      variety of reasons, she can't TELL me what to charge. It's "suggested".

      There are the two kinds of workshops.
      One is the 3 hour (to be broken up in either one session or two) teaching
      session. With a suggested retail price.
      The Second is the class plus weekly coaching. with a higher price.

      Since the Beauty Salon Owner was footing the bill, I wanted to make it
      reasonable for her. I also, wanted the job. : ( I also knew that there
      were several people who really couldn't afford to pay are a huge fee to take
      the class.

      So I took the pricing structure and gave her a 25% discount because she was
      filling a room for me and the price was frozen if she did the workshop before
      December, booking after December meant only a 20 % discount. (I didn't have
      to sell each individual person) Then because there were 13 people and the
      last three were the receptionist, and two assistants. I gave her the option.
      Of the price with the 25% discount based on 10 people with the "option" of
      having 13 people in attendance.

      Needless to say, she's ordered some books and we are good to go. BIG SMILE.

      I talked to some Tupperware gals and some Mary Kay gals as well. With them I
      offered an individual price per person, but again, offered $10 off if they
      booked before December, with them, I packaged it with a book.

      Basically. I looked at the suggested price and offered them a discount that
      allowed them to feel like they got a deal and allowed me to make the sale. I
      also threw in an incentive, you hire me before a certain date, and you get an
      additional bonus. I also allowed in the Salon deal, a way for 3 of the
      smaller people, to attend without crunching the Salon owners budget. As I
      get better, and more well known, the discounts will diminish somewhat.

      Now to get the lawyers!!!

      Best to you,

      Marie Sultana Robinson
      Coaching enhances your ability to learn, make desired changes, and achieve
      goals. What are you waiting for?

      www.lighthouseconnections.com
      sign up for the newsletter today!
      (508) 428-0513
      Provides a guiding light in Life and in Business