To make the Get Clients Now! reader discussion list valuable for everyone, here are some requests about discussion list protocol. These guidelines are sent to the list as a reminder once a month.
1. List Topic -- The topic of this list is getting clients, which includes marketing, sales, and
building a service business or private practice. Please keep your posts on topic and do not use the
list as a clearinghouse for unrelated announcements. (Coaches, please note: this is a sales and marketing list with members from a wide variety of professions, not a list exclusively for coaches.)
2. Deleting Previous Message -- When replying to a post, take the time to delete the previous
message if it is appended to your reply. If you do not do this, people receiving the digest version
of this list must scroll through each one of these appended messages to see the next new post.
3. Message Subject -- When posting in reply to a message, please change the subject if it no
longer applies to the content of what you are posting. This helps others determine if they wish to
read your message or to find it later.
4. Personal Replies -- When someone requests a personal reply, please respond to them privately
instead of through the list. If you are requesting a personal reply, type your email address in the
body of your message to make it easy for those who respond. If you wish to reply to someone
who has not done this and their address isn't visible, with many email programs you can find the
sender's address by right-clicking on the message and choosing "Properties." You can also find it
by visiting the list website and viewing the message there. (The site address
is at the end of every message.)
5. One-Liners -- Refrain from sending one-line responses like "congratulations," "thanks for your
help," and "go for it" to the list. These messages are more appropriately sent as personal replies.
6. Advertising -- If you are a Get Clients Now! licensee, you may post BRIEF announcements
about upcoming Get Clients Now! programs only. In all other cases where you have something to
sell, please use your signature block to let us know. Signature blocks should be no more than 10
7. Unsolicited E-mail -- Sending unsolicited email messages to members of this list is strictly forbidden and will result in your being banned from the group without warning.
Subscribers who violate list rules will hear from me privately to avoid cluttering the list with
discussions about list protocol. If you have questions about list protocol at any time, please email
me privately at CoachCJ@...
C.J. Hayden, MCC