New Member - Family from Grafenberg - 1800-1854 need help

  • R G Euch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hello to all and thank you for allowing me to goin you group. My great
      grandfather John (Johann-Johannes) Euchner was born per his headstone
      on 6 January 1838 and emigrated in 1854 to the Americas. Acording to
      the passanger list he left age 16, Evangelical from Grafenberg,
      Nuertingen, Wuerttemberg Germany. I have little information on the
      German family or early years in the US. His obituary in 1920, Martinton
      Township, Iroquois County, state of Illinois US did state that a
      brother was still in Germany. A family note talkes of a brother that
      was a ships cook.
      Any help in locating birth place and christening with parents names or
      other family information from the past and present would be appreciated.

      Thank you in advance for any email replies. Ronald Grant John Euchner