Seams surname Charles, Andrew

  • Marcy
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2005
      I am searching for any information on my GG Gramdfather and his
      family . His name was Charles Seams and was born about 1833 in
      Meclenburg, Germany. He had a son Andrew b.1858 who had a daughter
      Viola Clara Seams who was my Grandmother. She was married to John
      Curtis. They resided in Hudson MI.If anyone knows of any Seams family
      trees please contact me. Thank You, Marcy
    • Anne Higgins
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2005
        I found this on Ancestry.com website. Hope it helps. A. Higgins
        Information from the 1900 Federal Census:

        Seams, Charles, head, b Sep 1832, Germany, age 67 yrs, Immigrated 1854, Naturalized
        Seams, Elizabeth, wife, b June 1833, Germany, age 66 yrs
        Rome, Lewanee, Michigan, Enumeration District 59, Sheet 6B
        *****************************************************************************************************************************
        Seams, Andrew, head, b Dec 1857, Michigan, age 42 yrs, Farmer
        Seams, Adelle, wife, b May 1857, Michigan, age 43 yrs, bore 2 children, 2 children living
        Seams, Minnie, daughter, b ? 1889, Michigan, age 11 yrs
        Hudson, Lewanee, Michigan, Enumeration District 48, Sheet 10B
        *****************************************************************************************************************************
        Curtis, Stephen, head, b Mar 1831, age 69
        Curtis, Martha, wife, b Oct 1844, age 55
        Curtis, William, son, b Dec 1868, age 31
        Curtis, John, son, b Oct 1857, age 24, Farmer
        Curtis, Viola, daughter-in-law, b Sep 1878, age 21
        Hudson, Lewanee, Michigan, Enumeration District 48, Sheet $ 10 (243 A)
        ******************************************************************************************************************************

        Marcy <lesmanm2000@...> wrote:
        I am searching for any information on my GG Gramdfather and his
        family . His name was Charles Seams and was born about 1833 in
        Meclenburg, Germany. He had a son Andrew b.1858 who had a daughter
        Viola Clara Seams who was my Grandmother. She was married to John
        Curtis. They resided in Hudson MI.If anyone knows of any Seams family
        trees please contact me. Thank You, Marcy

        ---------------------------------

      • Marcy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
          -Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Yes, I already
          have this info, I am trying to trace thier ancestors back to
          Germany.But can't find any Seams from there. Am wondering if it was
          changed from Ziems. thanks for your help. Blessings, Marcy

          -- In germanroots@yahoogroups.com, Anne Higgins <achigg@...> wrote:

          > I found this on Ancestry.com website. Hope it helps. A. Higgins
          > Information from the 1900 Federal Census:
          >
          > Seams, Charles, head, b Sep 1832, Germany, age 67 yrs,
          Immigrated 1854, Naturalized
          > Seams, Elizabeth, wife, b June 1833, Germany, age 66 yrs
          > Rome, Lewanee, Michigan, Enumeration District 59, Sheet 6B

          > Seams, Andrew, head, b Dec 1857, Michigan, age 42 yrs, Farmer
          > Seams, Adelle, wife, b May 1857, Michigan, age 43 yrs, bore 2
          children, 2 children living
          > Seams, Minnie, daughter, b ? 1889, Michigan, age 11 yrs
          > Hudson, Lewanee, Michigan, Enumeration District 48, Sheet 10B

          > Curtis, Stephen, head, b Mar 1831, age 69
          > Curtis, Martha, wife, b Oct 1844, age 55
          > Curtis, William, son, b Dec 1868, age 31
          > Curtis, John, son, b Oct 1857, age 24, Farmer
          > Curtis, Viola, daughter-in-law, b Sep 1878, age 21
          > Hudson, Lewanee, Michigan, Enumeration District 48, Sheet $ 10
          (243 A)

          > Marcy <lesmanm2000@...> wrote:
          > I am searching for any information on my GG Gramdfather and his
          > family . His name was Charles Seams and was born about 1833 in
          > Meclenburg, Germany. He had a son Andrew b.1858 who had a daughter
          > Viola Clara Seams who was my Grandmother. She was married to John
          > Curtis. They resided in Hudson MI.If anyone knows of any Seams
          family
          > trees please contact me. Thank You, Marcy

          > Corner protectors German coffees Corner pedestal
          sink German shepard German shepherd German shepherd puppies

          Service.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
            Marcy...I found a Charles Seams born in 1833 in Mecklenberg in the LDS
            FamilySearch.org site. Gene Fett

          • Gene8915@AOl.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
              Further research indicates that the German spelling was probably "Siems".