Genographic Project Results

  • Richard P. Taubar
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2005
      Recently I received the results of my National Geograpic Genographic
      project Y-DNA testing.

      My ethnicity is Slovak on my Maternal side and German on my Paternal
      side of the family.

      As a male, my results indicate that I belong to the R1a Haplogroup.

      Have any other members of the group partipated in the study, and if
      so, what have you learned?

      And comments or suggestions for a next step are welcomed and much
      appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Richard Taubar
      Sayre, Pennsylvania
    • Sue Mackin
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2005
        Interesting. Is this something you did online? Do you have a website?
        On Tuesday, October 11, 2005, at 05:29 PM, Richard P. Taubar wrote:

        > Recently I received the results of my National Geograpic Genographic
        > project Y-DNA testing.
        >
        > My ethnicity is Slovak on my Maternal side and German on my Paternal
        > side of the family.
        >
        > As a male, my results indicate that I belong to the R1a Haplogroup.
        >
        > Have any other members of the group partipated in the study, and if
        > so, what have you learned?
        >
        > And comments or suggestions for a next step are welcomed and much
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Richard Taubar
        > Sayre, Pennsylvania

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > +  Visit your group "germanroots" on the web.

        > +  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service.

      • CORRY
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2005
          Hi Richard Taubar.
          I can't help you with where to go now but it sounds fascinating. Can you
          fill us in about the project a bit more? Where did you do it? Was it costly?
          How far back on the ancestral line is it effective?
          I would love to know if I have been on the right track with my ancestry.
          Some of my ancestors were renowned for covering their tracks with lies about
          their origins. DNA testing would verify a few things.
          - C.C. from Australia