New Member

  • zassy1007@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 8, 2001
      Hi,
      I am a new Member.
      My Name is Sabine Zastawniak. I live in germany.
      My Grandfather is from Texas. I just now his name and where a Granny
      lived in Tx.
      My search-names for the US are PIERCE;FRAZIER:
      Fron Houston texas.
      My Searchnames fror Germany are:
      WATERMANN;HAUTJER;ZASTAWNIAK;KUPER;PORGES;BENDIG:JELTEN:
      I am saerching in East-friesia and the Berlin area.
      Greetings from Germany
      Sabine Zastawniak
      Zassy1007@...
    • Ken Willis
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 9, 2001
        Hi Sabine,

        My name is Jane and I am a new member myself. My family names in Germany
        are: Mueller (from ?), Koehler (from the Krefeld area and from Tietelsen,
        Westfalen ), Reineke (from the Hoxter area of Westfalen), and Kaiser (from
        the area near Trier). All these folks eventually settled in Kansas and
        became my great grandparents.

        I do have some relatives from Texas but not from the Houston area. Are you
        having any luck in researching your Texas ancestors? I will look at my
        internet research sites and see what I have for Texas. Good luck.

        Have you received many messages from other members of the German roots
        group?

        Jane
        > My Name is Sabine Zastawniak. I live in germany.
        > My Grandfather is from Texas. I just now his name and where a Granny
        > lived in Tx.
        > My search-names for the US are PIERCE;FRAZIER:
        > Fron Houston texas.
        > My Searchnames fror Germany are:
        > WATERMANN;HAUTJER;ZASTAWNIAK;KUPER;PORGES;BENDIG:JELTEN:
        > I am saerching in East-friesia and the Berlin area.
        > Greetings from Germany
        > Sabine Zastawniak
        > Zassy1007@...

      • jmg19532001
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 23, 2005
          Hello, my name is Jerry Geist and I thank you for allowing me in the
          group.

          My family, on my dad's side is German, I believe from the Bavaria or
          Frankfort areas. I am not that familiar with the georgraphy yet, but I
          will bruch up on it.

          My family names are:

          Geist
          Wagner
          Horley
          Koch

          Thank you,

          Jerry
        • Peter Heilig
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 20, 2006
            Hi everybody,
            thanks for letting me in!
            My name is Peter Heilig, and I am living near Frankfurt, Germany.
            In the past, I have had some contacts via my website (where I have a
            downloadable GEDCOM-file), mostly from researchers from the States,
            trying to establish a link. I, too, am interested in family
            connections, so I decided to join this group, maybe I can be of help.
            Greetings to all,
            Peter
          • LL Schaitberger

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 20, 2006
                Hello Peter, It will be nice hearing what you know, maybe you could steer me in the direction of the Demlow's. Barbara Demlow

                LL Schaitberger <lschaitberger@...> wrote: Greetings,Peter! This seems to be a very quiet group! Welcome.Linda Schaitberger

                ---------------------------------

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 20, 2006
                  Hallo Peter,ich bin auch von der Frankfurt Gegend,Friedberg. Jetzt wohne ich
                  in Seattle Wa. Wo wohnen Sie,vielleicht kenne ich es,Barbara Rice

                • voony
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 20, 2006
                    Welcome to the group Peter
                    I am also a fairly new member I live in the States
                    and I am researching my family that came from the
                    Dittersbach ,Gladbeck area. I have mailed several
                    people with the von Berge surname that live in Germany
                    but so far no response. The names I am researching are
                    von Berge, Ulbrich, and Boer. I will be glad to share
                    anything that i have with you
                    Bob in Michigan

                    --- Peter Heilig <peter@...> wrote:

                    ---------------------------------
                    Hi everybody,
                    thanks for letting me in!
                    My name is Peter Heilig, and I am living near
                    Frankfurt, Germany.
                    In the past, I have had some contacts via my website
                    (where I have a
                    downloadable GEDCOM-file), mostly from researchers
                    from the States,
                    trying to establish a link. I, too, am interested in
                    family
                    connections, so I decided to join this group, maybe I
                    can be of help.
                    Greetings to all,
                    Peter

                    Corner
                    protectors German
                    coffees Corner
                    pedestal sink
                    German shepard
                    German shepherd
                    German shepherd puppies

                    Terms of Service.

                    ---------------------------------
                  • sprosse@attglobal.net
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 20, 2006
                      Peter,

                      Greetings back to you too, Peter. Some of us on the board are
                      fervently seeking family linkage (myself included), and although this
                      isn't, necessarily, a genealogical board, we do have some interest in
                      family history - among other topics. So, who knows, possibly we
                      will ask you for help too!

                      Otto who's father came from Hamburg, via Saxon-Anhalt!)
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 20, 2006
                        Hello,
                        Peter you are most welcome to join our group. We hope you will enjoy conversing with us.
                        I am Kathy (born in Iowa) from Noblesville, IN. I am
                        widowed. Have 3 grown children. Am raising a 12 year
                        old grandson.
                        I keep busy with grandson's activities (church, school,
                        and 4-H). I love to read, garden, sew, and have been
                        doing genealogy research for 35 years.
                        My grandfather came from Lubbeck in 1912 when he was 12 years old. I am trying to research the family that
                        stayed in Germany.
                        If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this
                        kind of research, do you need help with any research here?
                        Please contact me at ladysage@... .
                        Kathy

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 6, 2006
                          Hi, I'm Werner Heinz, I'm new to the group.
                          I'm looking for any information on the Heinz family. We migrated to
                          Philadelphia in 1957 from a little town outside of Augsburg.
                          Merring. Any information will be helpful, since I can not find
                          anything any where. My Fathers name was Mathias Heinz. also looking
                          for information on Anna or Juliana Hormann. same area.
                        • deutsche1041
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 18, 2007
                            Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I accidentally found the German
                            Corner site through researching for family names. I was born in
                            Germany and came to this country in 1952. I love reading German and
                            read the "New Yorker Staats_Zeitung" which is printed in German. I do
                            a lot of genealogy research for names of people from Germany or that
                            have immigrated to this country from Germany. Im working on the
                            names: Dreher, Hahn, Jero, and Zaiger. What I am really looking for
                            is any names of persons that where in the Prussian Armny during the
                            Franco-German war of 1870-71. I am involved in teaching German,
                            especially reading and speaking of the German Deitsch (Dutch)
                            Dialect which stems from the Pfaelzer dialect. I belong to the Mid-
                            Atlantic Germanic Society which is greatly involved in German
                            Research. I'm starting to look through all of the messages that are
                            posted to see if anyone is looking for the same persons.
                          • Kraut907@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 18, 2007
                            • Betty Ann Tyson
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 20, 2007
                                Hello,

                                I suspect that my great-grandfather was involved in the military. He
                                immigrated

                                to the US in 1891 with his wife and eight children. I'd appreciate it if you
                                keep

                                his name in mind while you are researching those in the Prussian army.

                                His name was Hermann Loos, from Saxony (Hohenstein-Ernsthall near Chemnitz).

                                Should you ever come across any Yoerkes I'd like to know that too. That
                                G-grandfather

                                left in 1881 at about age 24 (Alwin Yoerke).

                                Betty Ann Tyson

                                _____