Re: Ehlert surname

  • Holly E.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:19:19 -0000
      From: PantyBear@...
      Subject: Help Needed For Ehlert

      Looking for family with last name Ehlert .
      Thank You

      Hello. I have many Ehlers in my family tree. I looked up Ehlers
      in a surname dictionary, and it comes from the Low German
      "Ehlert", which means "strong, brave, and hardy." I have a few
      questions...Where in Germany did your Ehlert family live? Mine
      lived in the area of Langenhagen and Schonwalde,
      Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. How far back do you have your
      family? Mine is traced back to the mid-1700's. When did some of
      your Ehlert family leave for America and where did they settle?
      I know my g-g grandfather and his brother left in the late
      1860's and settled in Clinton County, Iowa, before moving again.
      I hope to hear from you soon!

      Sincerely,
      Holly

      =====
      Even if it feels like you're falling, you will stand.
      http://expage.com/hollybear2002

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • PantyBear@MailandNews.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2001
        > Looking for family with last name Ehlert .
        > Thank You
        >
        > Hello. I have many Ehlers in my family tree. I looked up Ehlers
        > in a surname dictionary, and it comes from the Low German
        > "Ehlert", which means "strong, brave, and hardy." I have a few
        > questions...Where in Germany did your Ehlert family live? Mine
        > lived in the area of Langenhagen and Schonwalde,
        > Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. How far back do you have your
        > family? Mine is traced back to the mid-1700's. When did some of
        > your Ehlert family leave for America and where did they settle?
        > I know my g-g grandfather and his brother left in the late
        > 1860's and settled in Clinton County, Iowa, before moving again.
        > I hope to hear from you soon!
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Holly
        >
        > =====
        > Even if it feels like you're falling, you will stand.
        > http://expage.com/hollybear2002

        > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        \ Hi Holly ,

        I first want to thank you for the imformation that you
        sent .I do not have any imformation and I am trying to start from
        scratch here . AllI have is my dads name William Fredirck Carlton
        Ehlert who was born in Connecticut and his dad Fred or Fredrick
        Ehlert whom I understand was born in Germany . where i do not know as
        we seem to be spread out all over the place there.

        Warmly

        Bill Ehlert
      • patricia j padian
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2001
          I somehow got your e-mail, I have no Ehlerts in my tree. Good Luck Pat