Tietjen

  • Walter C. Korndoerfer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      I need help. I am tracing my great-grandparents , John Henry Tietjen and Betty Maas ( Tietjen). I know the year that they were born and when they arrived in the US. It was 1866 according to the US census. I think that they came from Hannover but I am not sure. If I could find the ship that they came on it would help. Also I do not know if they were married at the time that they came here. They settled in Jersey City, NJ. Would John Henry actually be Johann Hinrich or Heinrich? Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

      Walter C. Korndoerfer

      wckkorn@...

    • Bobbi
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
        Hi Walter,

        There is a very high concentration of 'Tietjen's from the area East of Bremen.  It is in the state of Niedersachsen, which covers the former kingdom & province of Hanover.

        I have some 'Tietjen' names in my ancestry.  I will try to take a look for you as soon as I can and get back to you.

        Bobbi

        wckkorn@hotmail. com