Re: [germanroots] My Hall Family

(1112)
  • LALDERSON@nc.rr.com
    Jun 30, 2010 Expand Messages
      Nancy,
      I know Germany has new privacy laws, so I would look those up online
      first. Here is some information that may apply since he was in the US
      Army.

      http://germany.usembassy.gov/acs/obtaining-vital-records.html

      As for reading German, go to Google and select "More" and the
      "Translate." It will automatically translate German into English for
      you.

      Happy hunting,
      Laura

      On Jun 30, 2010, at 11:51 AM, Nancy wrote:

      My son James Russell Hall ll met married and had a daughter while
      stationed in Berlin Germany in the 1980's. Is there any way to get the
      birth and marriage records from German? The information I have is as
      follows.
      Carola Thom b.3 Mar 1966 Berlin
      m. James Russell Hall 1984 in Berlin Stadt Berlin Germany
      Daughter Cynthia Hall b.26 Jun 1986

      I did receive a hint in my ancestry tree file but it was all in the
      German language and was unable to read it.
      any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
      Nancy