1097Re: AW: [germanroots] Heisser

  • Maestrowz@aol.com
    Apr 18, 2010
      Greetings - guten abend!

      Ich war funf jahre im Deutschland.

      Okay, that's about all the German I can get through tonight -- it's just
      been too long and my grasp of the language was only very basic at best.

      I spent the years from 1973-1978 living off-base in Ramstein and at the
      time knew the area around Kaiserslautern pretty well. Lots of wonderful
      volskmarches - bratwurst, pommes frites - now I'm hungry.

      Of course, at the time I had 3 small children and my husband was gone a lot
      so I did not investigate my German ancestors. If anyone runs across the
      name "REDLINGSHAFER" (or ROEDLINGSHAFFER) please let me know.

      Good luck on your hunts.

      Auf Wiedersehn,
      Donnell Redlingshafer Wisniewski