Re: [Georgie Fame] Jazz Cafe

  • MIKE MASTERTON
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
      It's probably too far ahead to book now !

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
        I did a google search for 'Georgie Fame 2009', to see if there is any future news regarding gigs or even a long awaited New Album, and this info come up on a number of sights regarding Tickets
        for June.
        No one has spotted my deliberate error, saying his 65th Birthday, i think should be 67th.

        Regards
        Alan D
      • peter de wert
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008

          Hi Alan,

          I think Georgie is 65 at this moment. He is from 1943.

          All the best,

          Peter

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
            good with an early alert.....
            then we can plan to go there from  Sweden as well
            c u
            Denis

          • Mick
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
              Thanks Alan

              All the best

              Mick

              --
              Organized Rage
              http://www.organizedrage.com/
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
                The Jazz Cafe, This was the venue I think that a couple of years ago, Georgie and the Band just came out & played a set list from the early sixties, now that I would love to have seen and heard.

                So Georgie, if you are looking in, what an idea for a new Album, a Double CD, both with the current Blue Flames, one CD playing a sixties set and of course to include 'Blueberry Hill & 'You Can't Sit Down'  and the second CD to include new Material and perhaps some covers.

                Well, I can Dream.

                Alan D
              • David Kaplan
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 3, 2008

                  I found it – with a nice bio as well – on the Jazz Café website – now all I need to do is figure out how to afford the time & money to get to get there from Seattle this coming June…

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 26, 2009
                    Getting a grumpy ol' man is Clive,the last time I saw him there he was a misery guts.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 26, 2009

                      Yes, I can vouch for that ... I wonder if he's on facebook ?!
                      Think not ...

                      Pete A

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 26, 2009
                        Sorry but I can't agree.

                        Met up with him in Grantham & got a friendly response.

                        Please remember that he is a very private person who controls all of his business affairs personally.  No manager & limited agency involvement.

                        I'm sure that there are others in the group who will agree.

                        Sorry that I missed him (+ Alan & Peter) at Jazz Café.

                        Young Michael

                        "Every Knock Is A Boost"

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 26, 2009
                          Grumpy? He was annoyed because someone was distracting Guy Barker by shining a light from his camera into his, Guy's, eyes. GF said, very forcibly, Don't distract my musicians. He didn't say don't take photos or post anything on the internet.

                          For the record, he also said several thanks to the 'punters' for coming out, that we wouldn't hear a better band anywhere and that it's always an education playing with that band.

                          Yet another great show.

                          Phil

                          On 26 Jun 2009, at 3:22PM, Michael J BEDFORD wrote:

[...]

                          -------------------

                          Hand & Eye Letterpress

                          6 Pinchin Street

                          London E1 1SA

                          UK

                          020 7488 9800

                          www.handandeye.co.uk

                        • Peter Austin
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 26, 2009

                            Seen GF 11 times, mostly in intimate settings, so I'm sure he would recognise me. Asked him after hours at the last Horns gig : "any plans Georgie to work with Madeline again ?" and he completely blanked me. A simple, sensible fan question ... Felt quite deflated afterwards. So, sorry if I agree with Mike Masterton !

                            Pete A

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 26, 2009
                              Only had the chance to see him twice .
                              first time in the mid 80s @ the Dendermonde jazz festival . We occupied the first row , standing in front of everybody who sat down on chairs behind us . Promoter even called the police , but moving 25+ young mod/er/nists wasnt gonna be an easy affair . Finally we watched and danced during the all gig front row . We asked GF and the BF to play some Blue Beat ... They nicely did with GF giving us a thumbs up . They played a jamaican tinted version of Night Train for us and dedicated more songs to us .
                              The second time i saw him, he was paying a tribute to someone (sorry can't remember the name of the artist) , GF was playing trumpet . He was a bit more reserved after the gig .
                              Unfortunately had to miss the Belgian appearance two weeks ago due to serious heath problems . Sadly none of my post modernist friends went .

                              As i work in the music business myself, i'm in contact with artists 365 a year (as my wife is a hammond player) .
                              Artists are only humans who like everybody have good days and sometime a bad one .

                              have a nice week end

                              Thierry
                              http://jackthatcatwasclean.blogspot.com