29Re: Civilian spurs

  • ol_crank_arm
    May 7, 2010
      Hello Bill,

      In the 'Collector's Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution' on page 249, you'll find eight unique examples of spurs, fashioned from fine silver and bronze to the plainest of cast iron.

      The book may well be held in, or available to, your local library.

      In Covet'd Liberty,

      Pat'k Neil Fields

      --- In georgiansociety@yahoogroups.com, "Pvt Humphreys" <william_filkins@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I am attempting to locate a description, photograph or painting showing civilian spurs before or during the Rev War era. I have a picture of a pair of spurs owned by Washington but that was all I have found. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
      >
      > Bill

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic