FI News: Aug 23-26

  • habarakhe4
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Aug 23
      What Price a Principality?
      Pope Offers Monaco to Former Prince For a Price
      ROME, Papal States –
      Pope Damasus III has offered the former Prince of Monaco, whom the
      Pope himself ordered dethroned and stripped of his wardenship of
      Monte Carlo Convent and Penitentiary, an opportunity for pardon and
      restoration if he will lead his forces against Jinguo. This
      arrangement neatly undercuts the Liberian support of Danna Antaunha
      and her child, who cannot yet wield a sword or shoulder cannon.
      Aug 24
      Zeppelin Dives Into Sea
      ATHENS, Greece –
      A commercial zeppelin, the Boanerges of Phaethon Airships, has
      crashed, killing 113 passengers. It appears that the pilots of the
      craft, which left from the Kingdom of Cyprus, somehow lost
      consciousness over the Ionian sea. The erratic navigation of the
      zeppelin encouraged two Cyprian military escorts to follow it until
      it plummeted into the ocean.
      Aug 25
      Pope Offers Absolution to Liberians For A Price
      Pope Damasus III has offered the Liberian schismatics a chance for
      forgiveness and return if they acknowledge his authority and
      participate in a crusade against Jinguo. "I am not a cruel man. I do
      not wish to allow any opportunity for the repentance of the
      Liberians," the pontiff said in an interview yesterday.
      Aug 26
      BORDÈU, Secular Republic of Navarre –
      A 39-year-old citizen of Bayonne perished under gunfire yesterday.
      The citizen was the fourth victim of increased violence and
      factionalism within the Liberian organization.
    • tomhchappell
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2005
        Great stuff, Theophilus, as we have come to expect of you.

        Two questions:

        --- In geofiction@yahoogroups.com, "habarakhe4" <theophilus88@h...>
        > wrote:
        > Aug 23
        > What Price a Principality?
        > Pope Offers Monaco to Former Prince For a Price
        > ROME, Papal States –
        > Pope Damasus III has offered the former Prince of Monaco, ...
        > [snip]
        > ... , an opportunity for pardon and
        > restoration if he will lead his forces against Jinguo. This
        > arrangement neatly undercuts the Liberian support of
        > Danna Antaunha
        > and her child, who cannot yet wield a sword or shoulder cannon.

        Who is Danna Antaunha? Where is she from? What is her ethnicity,
        lineage, native language, religion, etc.?

        > [snip]
        > Aug 25
        > Pope Offers Absolution to Liberians For A Price
        > Pope Damasus III has offered the Liberian schismatics a chance for
        > forgiveness and return if they acknowledge his authority and
        > participate in a crusade against Jinguo.
        > "I am not a cruel man. I do not wish to
        > allow
        > any opportunity for the repentance of the Liberians,"
        > the pontiff said in an interview yesterday.

        Didn't he mean "miss" or "forego" or possibly "disallow",
        rather than "allow"?

        > [snip]

        Keep it up! I like it.

        Tom H.C. in MI
      • habarakhe4
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2005
          --- In geofiction@yahoogroups.com, "tomhchappell" <tomhchappell@y...> wrote:
          > Great stuff, Theophilus, as we have come to expect of you.
          >
          > Two questions:
          >
          > --- In geofiction@yahoogroups.com, "habarakhe4" <theophilus88@h...>
          > > wrote:
          > > Aug 23
          > > What Price a Principality?
          > > Pope Offers Monaco to Former Prince For a Price
          > > ROME, Papal States –
          > > Pope Damasus III has offered the former Prince of Monaco, ...
          > > [snip]
          > > ... , an opportunity for pardon and
          > > restoration if he will lead his forces against Jinguo. This
          > > arrangement neatly undercuts the Liberian support of
          > > Danna Antaunha
          > > and her child, who cannot yet wield a sword or shoulder cannon.
          >
          > Who is Danna Antaunha? Where is she from? What is her ethnicity,
          > lineage, native language, religion, etc.?

          Danna (Mrs.) Anna Antaunha is the lower-class Donatist woman with whom the Catholic
          Prince of Monaco had a love child. the only other male Grimaldi alive. Since the Principality
          of Monaco was re-bestowed by the Pope in exchange for managing the Monte Carlo
          Convent and Female Penitentiary for noble women, including heretics, the revelation of the
          love affair cost him his title, while Antaunha, who has virtually nothing to lose in the
          Fortunate Islands due to her "pollution", has sought the support of the Liberian Anti-Pope
          for her son's right to Monaco.

          > > [snip]
          > > Aug 25
          > > Pope Offers Absolution to Liberians For A Price
          > > Pope Damasus III has offered the Liberian schismatics a chance for
          > > forgiveness and return if they acknowledge his authority and
          > > participate in a crusade against Jinguo.
          > > "I am not a cruel man. I do not wish to
          > > allow
          > > any opportunity for the repentance of the Liberians,"
          > > the pontiff said in an interview yesterday.
          >
          > Didn't he mean "miss" or "forego" or possibly "disallow",
          > rather than "allow"?
          >
          > > [snip]
          >
          > Keep it up! I like it.

          It should be "forego" (at least in the public statement).