  • habarakhe4
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hello,
      My 'name' is habarakhe. I am 26, studying Classical Languages at San
      Francisco State University. I have a science-fiction world,
      Semiramis, at
      http://www.habazaleidhabramez.homestead.com/semiramis.html

      I belong to the conculture list, but that tends to be dominated by
      the Ill Bethisad multiculture, so I may post files here.

      Forthwith, I present the basic history:
      The early history of Semiramis belongs to the altopi (octupoid
      aliens). In 40000 BCE the altopi had reached Stone Age level of
      technology. By 30000 BCE they had what humans would recognize as a
      civilization. Around 8000 BCE Tiamat had a unified government under
      the Flourine Empire. Many architectural wonders were built during
      that regime. In 510 BCE the altopi began the process of
      industrialization, but this scheme collapsed in 314 BCE along with
      the Flourine Empire. The period from the Great Catastrophe to first
      contact with humans was characterized by shifting alliances and flash-
      in-the-pan empires.

      In 3183 CE, the (human) Ennead ship Andromeda arrived at Tiamat.
      Although the biology and geology teams from the Andromeda suspected
      intelligence, first contact with the altopi occurred in the Ki
      Archipelago in 3187, and the Bigenite Council was not founded until
      3228.The Ennead ship
      Philoctetes under the infamous Captain Rodrigo Himinez I Zavier
      arrived from Melas in 3292. By 3387, the world was united and the
      first of the Rafts had been launched. When news of the Vembom Drive
      reached Semiramis in the mid-thirty-ninth century, the stage was set
      for the 3907 expedition to Melas and the revelation of their secret.
      There was a Melathite presence on Semiramis by 3921. The settlement
      of Psikhi by the first of the Alliancers occurred in 3940. The second
      expedition to Melas led to the discovery of the Sigman colony and the
      presence of Sigmen (H. sigmensis) in Semiramis System by 3951. When
      the Sigmen became citizens of Semiramis System in 3958, the
      Bispeciate Council was renamed the Trigenite Council. In 3982,
      Semiramis entered into an agreement with Basilisk, the home of the
      Sigmen, to form the United Worlds Organization (UWO) and declare
      Melas a joint mandate of Semiramis and Basilisk. By 4008, the
      membership of UWO had grown to ten systems and nine governments (the
      isolationists of the altopi world Polypodia declined the invitation
      to full membership, but agreed to abide by the UWO's conditions for
      provisioning colony ships). Melas is scheduled to become a member in
      4083, only seven standecades from the present date and intended to
      coincide with the thousandth anniversary in stanyears of human
      settlement on Tiamat.
    • habarakhe4
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        I should add that Semiramis is the name of the star system, Tiamat
        that of the planet, Abzu that of the moon. Tiamat is virtually all
        water, and home to the alien octupoid gender-switching species
        called "altopi". The universe it's set in is almost too complex for
        me to handle (30 distinctive human societies; the timeline stretches
        from the development of the modern human race to the point where all
        stars are white dwarfs at best).
        --- In geofiction@yahoogroups.com, "habarakhe4" <theophilus88@h...>

      • habarakhe4
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2003
          wrote:
          > I should add that Semiramis is the name of the star system, Tiamat
          > that of the planet, Abzu that of the moon. Tiamat is virtually all
          Aargh
          Anu is the moon, not Abzu.