Football

  • reallybigtree
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi!

      I just joined this forum because I came up with the idea of a football
      (or soccer) league, and then I found out what geofiction was, and I
      put 2 and 2 together! And here I am!

      There's going to be all sorts of weird info about the teams, just
      random stuff. :P

      Reallybigtree
    • npcmech
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Sounds like an interesting idea. From your email, it seems like you
        want a basic tour of how we run things around here in order to get
        your soccer concept rolling (pun-intended). This message also goes
        out to anyone else new who wishes to get started here.

        It's really easy to start up a new constructed world, culture,
        language, or what-not. All you have to do is post messages about your
        ideas, just like the message you just posted. You can post big or
        small pieces of your idea at a time. Now while we don't really have
        'pages' for our conworlds, etc, you can upload files and photos (your
        own of course, no stealing), even putting them in a separate folder
        for collections of items. This way, anyone can read up on your idea
        without having to search through the message archives. You can also
        post a link to any website of yours devoted to anything related with
        geofiction.

        We're a pretty friendly group, so don't worry about questions that we
        may ask about your ideas; we usually are just curious and wish for
        more explanation of certain details. We like to encourage positive
        feedback towards each other and see new worlds, languages, ideas, and
        cultures grow out of this group.

        So feel free to post, and if you get stuck on an idea, just ask for
        suggestions and you are sure to recieve help from myself or any other
        moderators or members.

        NPCMech - Moderator

        > Hi!
        >
        > I just joined this forum because I came up with the idea of a
        football
        > (or soccer) league, and then I found out what geofiction was, and I
        > put 2 and 2 together! And here I am!
        >
        > There's going to be all sorts of weird info about the teams, just
        > random stuff. :P
        >
        > Reallybigtree

      • tomhchappell
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          Is ReallyBigTree suggesting that each conworld or fictional
          geographic entity field a team that's a member of this league?

          Even those of us who mostly lurk might find that possible if we were
          allowed to schedule games to match our hectic and unpredictable RL
          schedules. (Or the unpredictable visits of our Muses.)

          But what about those of us who have dwarves or giants? What about
          those of us whose people will turn to smoke and mist upon contact
          with sunlight?

          And what about venues for games? Some of us have islands that rise
          and sink again; they may rise only once every several decades or so,
          and sink after an unpredictable but smallish number of days or weeks
          or months.

          And how about those cultures which really do live on Really Big
          Trees? Kicking the ball out of bounds -- worse yet, a player running
          out of bounds -- might be permanent, and/or fatal.

          Some of our people live in the water, and have multiple limbs,
          similar to RL octopada or squids. Any special rules for these?

          Some of our cities are crowded to the point of being SRO. How could
          a soccer game be played there?

          How about those of us who live underground? Or on spaceships? Or on
          space-stations?

          Some of us have a great deal of reptilian DNA in our genomes. Do we
          need any special consideration?

          R.B.T., I assume you've done some thinking about some of this.