I would like help, if possible, in developing at least one language

  • dovatha0001
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2006
      Dear all,

      I would like help, if possible, in developing at least one language,
      if not more than one, for some stories I've been working on for some
      time. I am in the process of creating words for a language called
      Slaabinese, and I would like some help in creating the language, if at
      all possible. The Slaabinese language is a considerable bit like
      Latin, in a lot of the tenses it uses. Also, much, if not all, of the
      medical terminology is influenced by Latin. Japanese has some minor
      influence on the Slaabinese language, as do Spanish, English, and Hebrew.

      In the related stories to the people that have spoken it and related
      languages, the Slaabinese language has developed through about 4000
      years of use since the discoverers of it were unexpectedly transported
      to Earth. They found themselves in a land in the middle of the North
      Atlantic Ocean that eventually became known as Cirriddiqua, then as
      Slaabovia, during the passage of time. That language has been
      somewhat influenced by other languages, since the time that colonizers
      from several other Earth nations arrived during the 15th Century AD.
      Mostly by people from the British Isles, Spain, America, France, in
      fact. But also partly by Mandarin Chinese, Hebrew, Portuguese,
      German, Greek, Danish, and Dutch.

      The original discoverers of this particular land spoke languages
      somewhat similar to Japanese and Latin, on their original world, with
      assorted other languages and dialects also used periodically. After
      they were stranded in that land with no way to return to, or to
      contact those left behind in, their homeland, they were forced to make
      a new start. And in time, their descendants would form the Kingdom of
      Cirriddiqua, which in time would become known first as the Kingdom of
      Slaabovia, then as the Slaabovian Republic.

      If any or all of you people could help me out at least a little bit,
      if not a lot, I'd greatly appreciate it here. Please consider helping
      me out here at least a little bit, if not a lot. Thank you for your
      time and attention, and I hope to hear from you all here very soon.
      dovatha0001 over and out.
    • tomhchappell
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2006
        --- In geofiction@yahoogroups.com, "dovatha0001"
        <the_universal_storyteller@...> wrote:
        >[snip]
        >I would like help, if possible, in developing at least one language,
        >if not more than one, for some stories I've been working on for some
        >[snip]
        It sounds very interesting, and I want to hear more.
        You should consider joining the ConLang group/list
        (Conlang@...). It is the most active and biggest
        constructed-languages site.
        There are several others as well. There is an East-Asian Conlang group,
        an Altaic Conlang group, and a Romance Conlang group, all of which
        sound like they could help. And many others as well.

        Tom H.C. in MI
      • dovatha0001
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2006
          People,

          I would really like your help in creating several largely-related
          languages for a story series I'm working on now, if you can possibly
          help me with them. Also, I really need players for an RPG with a
          starting time of around 2000 BC on at least one alternate Earth, if
          not more than one. Please consider coming to my Yahoo! Group called
          "golden_sun_land_dawn" in the near future. We'll need at least a few
          dozen players to play assorted characters for the RPG, most likely,
          when it starts going well enough around here.

          Currently, we have only a few members, at most, and we could really
          use plenty of other good players. Please check out that group, and
          see if you might be interested in possibly joining it soon enough.
          Thank you for your time and attention, people.

          Until later, then, I'll close this post. dovatha0001 out.