Genealogy software forum about tom be terminated by Yahoo

    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2006
      I am not sure if this will work, or whether it will reach anyone, but it
      seems that Yahoo has either terminated or about to terminate this group, and
      all the other ones that I started, and had terminated my membership of Yahoo,
      so I won't be able to maintain the groups or communicate through them.

      I've no idea why they would do this, as it seems quite arbitrary, and there
      seems little point int trying to build up electronic discussion forums if
      they are closed down with no notice at all.

      So this is probably goodbye, if you get it.

      If you're unhappy about it, you could write to Yahoo at

      support@...

      to complain about being unable to reach me at

      hayesstw@...

      but they probably won't take much notice.

      You can still reach me on my blog at

      http://methodius.blogspot.com

      or, if you are family

      http://hayesgreene.blogspot.com

      Web: http://www.geocities.com/hayesstw/stevesig.htm
      Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
    • Sherry
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2006
        Bummer Steve. Didn't Yahoo! say why they were going to do this? Can you
        turn the group over to someone else???

        I know the group's not that busy, but then I'm owner and mod of a couple of
        other groups that aren't very busy either and I haven't heard anything from
        Yahoo! Are you sure it was really Yahoo! contacting you????

        Sherry