Delete query in Access

  • Chad Hanna
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2006
      In message <441141AD.13926.76DC872@localhost>, Steve Hayes
      <hayesstw@...> writes
      :snip

      >Is there a way to "empty" tables in Access, as there was in Paradox?

      Set up a query to return all rows and then convert it into a delete
      query.

      --
      Chad Hanna
      IT Manager Berkshire Family History Society www.berksfhs.org.uk
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 10, 2006
        Thanks Steve, I'll take a look this weekend.

        Cheers,

        John
      • ray_murphy aus
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 6, 2009
          --- In gensoft@yahoogroups.com, Paul Blair <pblair30@...> wrote:

          > At 01:02 pm 8-03-2006, you wrote:
          > >That question should generate a good set of choices.
          > >

          > >AOL/AIM -- DDavis5310, Yahoo - - DickDavis60, MSN - - FDDavis53
          > >

          > >What are the top five features that you'd like to see in an event database?

          > There are 3 that spring to mind....and this is stating the bleeding
          > obvious. Assuming that the two main stream of info are event and
          > people, we need to be able to:
          > 1. relate events to other events
          > 2. relate people to other people
          > 3. relate people to events, and events to people
          >
          > And, of course, dates/timelines have to be mixed in somehow.
          >
          > Then it gets harder...
          >
          > Paul
          > Australia

          RM: [3 years + 9 months later] - The meaning of those suggestions probably won't become clear until some real-life testing is done with the event-program that I've just got working or others like it. We'll need to come up with some specific requests or ideas that might:
          * solve existing problems,
          * point to other possible paths to follow,
          * reduce time manually assembling any of the data.