Re: [gensoft] Re: Family Tree Screen Shots

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2006
      On 1 Mar 2006 at 23:19, Kerry Raymond wrote:

      > I'll take whatever information I can get, whether it's sourced or not. I'd
      > leave it up to each individual to decide if unsourced material should be used
      > or dismissed, as they prefer.

      If I put information on the Web, I don't usually include sources. If a person
      finds a family connection, then they can get in touch with me and we can
      exchange information, including sources.

      There are many data leeches out there who like to take, take, take, but never
      give. There's one person who's been badgeting me to give information, but
      won't tell me it's name, or its family line to the person it claims to be
      descended from. So I don't put *everything* I have on the web, but enough for
      people to see if there is a possible connection. But if the person *is*
      related, then I want to know who they are.

      Web: http://www.geocities.com/hayesstw/stevesig.htm