How to deal with scraps of paper and scribbled notes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13 10:03 PM
      A question people sometimes ask in genealogy forums is how you can file
      scraps of paper and scribbled notes so that you can find them again.

      I've written about some ways of doing this, for anyone interested.

      (1) Using text databases to manage information on paper napkins, scraps of
      paper, sticky notes etc:

      http://t.co/DUj68IsLHM

      But some object that the use of text databases means that you have to re-type
      everything.

      I don't mind retyping notes I wrote 30 years ago, because it jogs my memory,
      and sometimes opens new avenues of research. Apart from anything else, there
      are new resources available that weren't around 30 years ago, like Google,
      FamilySearch and many more.

      But for those who do mind retyping there is

      (2) Evernote

      It's a notetaking program that has been around a few years now. While you can
      type notes in it (yes, use it rather than a paper napkin in a restaurant where
      you bumped into a long-lost cousin), and that is a good way of making new
      notes.

      But you can also scan in your old notes, capture stuff from the web and much
      more.

      Read about it here:

      http://t.co/Wmq9heKWEt

      to get an idea o0f the pros and cons of using it, or just go straight to

      http://www.evernote.com

      and download it for free.

      --
      Keep well,