Re: [gensoft] Last chance to get PAF

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2013
      On 11 Jul 2013 at 21:06, Dave Hinz wrote:

      > What a shame. Such a wonderful program for decades. I wonder what
      > motivates this decision.

      I suspect that they would have had to do a major rewrite to accommodate the
      new FamilySearch family tree links. PAF has provision to record Ancestral
      File numbers, but the new FamilySearch numbers are different.

      So they seem to have just made the API available to other softeware
      developers.

      Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com