Last chance to get PAF

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2013
      PAF is being discontinued from 15 July 2013.

      For information about how to get a copy before then, see:

      http://hayesgreene.blogspot.com/2013/07/last-chance-to-get-paf.html

      --
      Keep well,
      Steve Hayes

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2013
          From their website

          "Advances in technology, strong alternatives from third parties, and
          the need to focus on the latest FamilySearch initiatives have
          diminished the need for PAF as part of the FamilySearch offering."
          https://familysearch.org/PAF

          Sherry

          Quoting Dave Hinz :

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11, 2013
            On 11 Jul 2013 at 21:06, Dave Hinz wrote:

            > What a shame. Such a wonderful program for decades. I wonder what
            > motivates this decision.

            I suspect that they would have had to do a major rewrite to accommodate the
            new FamilySearch family tree links. PAF has provision to record Ancestral
            File numbers, but the new FamilySearch numbers are different.

            So they seem to have just made the API available to other softeware
            developers.

            Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com