Re: Which programming language should I try to learn?

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2013
      > And isn't the kind of information you refer to as objects ultimately stird on
      > disk in a database, called from there and stored there again once it has been
      > interrogated or manipulated?

      Forgot to respond to the above. Yes, most objects of interest in a genealogical program
      will be stored in a database. Issues boil down to the format of the data in a persistent
      database versus the format of an object in a running computer program. When going
      in either direction a transformation must occur. In a relational database, the on-disk
      format are all in "tables" and there may be many tables involved in storing the information
      about a single person (the names will be in one table, the birth info in another, the source