Re: [gensoft] Re: New Member - Self Intro

  • Sherry
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2013
      I think what you're referring to may be in the Tips section of the
      Legacy website - www.LegacyFamilyTree.com. Click on Help Center and
      select Tips. There are a couple of articles under "Burning CDs as a
      Way to Share Family Files".

      Legacy has a free Standard Edition which doesn't time out and has the
      same data capabilities as the Deluxe Edition.

      On the Tips page, you'll also find an article "Sharing Research Tasks
      in Legacy: Using IntelliShare" under "Merging Records and
      IntelliShare", if you have a group of people who are working on the
      same line(s).

      Sherry

      Quoting johnecarter <ads@...>:
      > Legacy Family Tree (or one of its add-ons) does this. Sorry I can't
      > give better
      > info - it's been a while since I was actively working on the family.
      >
      > The free version of Legacy can display most of the info created by the deluxe
      > version. The free version tracks the deluxe version and the current
      > version is
      > backwards compatible to data from previous versions.
      >
      > --- In gensoft@yahoogroups.com, "annainva" <asargent@...> wrote:

      <snipped>

      > > Anyway, if someone has been able to save entries with photos and
      > notes to an
      > editable means without having to purchase the related software to share with
      > others and to maintain year after year, I certainly would appreciate hearing
      > from you.

      <snipped>

      > > Anna

    • Anna Sargent
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2013
        Re: [gensoft] Re: New Member - Self Intro

        Thank you, John and Sherry, for your fast replies.  That gives me something to look at and perhaps just what we need.

        Much appreciated !!

        Anna

        "If thou tastest a crust of bread, thou tastest

                all the stars and all the heavens."

        - Robert Browning, English poet, (1812-1889)