New FamilySearch

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2011
      It seems that most people dislike the new FamilySearch, and find it a
      distinct disimprovement on the old version, at least according to a poll I
      posted on my blog here:

      http://hayesgreene.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-familysearch.html

      when I commented on its lack of features.

      One of the main complaints is the apparent lack of Gedcom downloads, and the
      need to retype all information found on the site.

      There has been some discussion of this over on the soc.genealogy.computing
      newsgroup, and Ian Goddard has been talking of developing an application to
      capture the data in xml format.

      I wondered if anyone else had any ideas on the subject.

      --
      Keep well,
      Steve Hayes