Re: Event Database: Top Five Features

  • ray_murphy aus
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 6, 2009
      --- In gensoft@yahoogroups.com, Paul Blair <pblair30@...> wrote:

      > At 01:02 pm 8-03-2006, you wrote:
      > >That question should generate a good set of choices.
      > >

      > >AOL/AIM -- DDavis5310, Yahoo - - DickDavis60, MSN - - FDDavis53
      > >

      > >What are the top five features that you'd like to see in an event database?

      > There are 3 that spring to mind....and this is stating the bleeding
      > obvious. Assuming that the two main stream of info are event and
      > people, we need to be able to:
      > 1. relate events to other events
      > 2. relate people to other people
      > 3. relate people to events, and events to people
      >
      > And, of course, dates/timelines have to be mixed in somehow.
      >
      > Then it gets harder...
      >
      > Paul
      > Australia

      RM: [3 years + 9 months later] - The meaning of those suggestions probably won't become clear until some real-life testing is done with the event-program that I've just got working or others like it. We'll need to come up with some specific requests or ideas that might:
      * solve existing problems,
      * point to other possible paths to follow,
      * reduce time manually assembling any of the data.