RE: [gensoft] (Fwd) askSam Winter Wonderland Special - 5 Days Only - $69.95

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2007
      On 15 Dec 2007 at 6:25, Sherry wrote:

      > I don't know how your program works, but I've been using OneNote from
      > Microsoft. It's so awesome to be able to just send web pages, emails,
      > documents, screen shots, etc over to OneNote with a click of a button.
      > It's really easy to create new Notebooks and new Sections in each notebook.
      >
      > When I first got the program I wasn't quite sure what to do with it although I
      > could see that it had possibilities. Then someone in our computer interest
      > group showed how she used it for her research and I've used it constantly
      > since!

      I've not seen that, but it sounds useful in a similar way to askSam, which I
      use for making bnotes from books, and collecting notes from a variety of
      sources. It's useful for putting information about people who may or may not
      be related so that you can find them again if you find they are related.

      Of course you can always make a note of that kind of thing on a piece of
      paper when searching sources, but then remembering where you put that bit of
      paper is often just as hard as remembering the original source.

      > I'm working at setting up a Legacy user group and I'm using it to organize
      > that as well as saving web pages that I find which will be helpful in my
      > research along with recipes, crochet patterns, travel itineraries, and
      > scrapbooking ideas!

      Yup, those are all the sort of things askSam is good for too.

      > Can't tell you how much OneNote costs if you buy it as a stand-alone but
      > mine came with my copy of Office 2007 Ultimate.

      How much does that cost?

      http://people.tribe.net/hayesstw
      Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com
      Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
    • Sherry
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2007
        I don't know what the cost is - like I said, it was part of Office 2007
        Ultimate (which my daughter-in-law got for me from the Microsoft store).
        I'd suggest that you just check out pricing on some of the e-stores.

        I have heard that OneNote 2007 is much better than OneNote 2003 -
        specifically you can send things directly to OneNote in the 2007 version.
        If "send to one note" doesn't show up in the right click list on what you're
        viewing, a printer driver has been installed so you can "print" to that
        program.

        There is a free trial of the program on the MS website.
        http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/FX100487701033.aspx

        Sherry