(Fwd) askSam Winter Wonderland Special - 5 Days Only - $69.95

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2007
      I'm forwarding this with a recommendation - if you are looking for a way of
      organising your genealogical research notes, to do lists, leads, etc, one of
      the best ways to do it is with the askSam database program, and they've
      reduced the price for a few days.

      If you want to ask more about the program and how to use it, feel free to ask
      -- I've been using it for more than 15 years, and it is one of the programs I
      use most frequently, for all sorts of things.

      From: Ann Hartman <info@...>
      To: <offers@...>
      Subject: askSam Winter Wonderland Special - 5 Days Only - $69.95
      Date sent: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:10:29 -0500

      Dear askSam User,

      As the year comes to end, it's a good time to think about
      working more efficiently in the coming year. So we have a year
      end special on askSam products, the perfect tools for organizing
      your information.

      ******** Special Offer - 5 DAYS ONLY - Ends Dec 17 ***********

      Don't miss this opportunity to get askSam at an unbelievable
      price. Buy one for yourself. Buy one as a gift for a friend,
      family member, or co-worker. At this price you have to get a
      copy of askSam -- or even more than one.

      - askSam Standard - $69.95 (reg. $149.95) **Over 50% 0ff

      - askSam Professional - $99.95 (reg. $395.00) **Save $295

      - SurfSaver - $9.95 (reg. $19.95) **Half Price

      askSam Professional has all the features of askSam, plus
      a special indexing component that allows you to search askSam
      databases with hundreds of megabytes and millions of documents
      in seconds.

      SurfSaver is a web browser add-on that allows you to save and
      organize web pages into searchable folders.

      Order on-line at our SECURE order form:
      https://www.asksam.com/purchase/offers/785/asksam.asp

      or you can call our sales department at 800-800-1997
      (International +1 850-584-6590). That's all it takes!

      ** Special Offer: 5 Days Only **
      ** Offer expires December 17, 2007 **

      For more information about askSam and SurfSaver...
      http://www.asksam.com/
      http://www.surfsaver.com

      ************************* RISK-FREE *************************
      All askSam products are backed by our Unconditional Money-back
      Guarantee. If you're dissatisfied for any reason return it
      within 90 days for a prompt, no-questions-asked refund.

      Here's what the press has had to say about askSam 6:

      "This is the ultimate tool for managing and sorting all the data
      on your desktop."
      --Peggy Watt, PC World

      "... if you require powerful document search capabilities, the
      king of the hill in third-party utilities is askSam, which is
      celebrating its 20th anniversary. That amazing maturity shows."
      --J. W. Olsen, Desktop Pipeline

      "The askSam database management system is unique in this market,
      providing one of the easiest database applications to use, and
      especially easy to learn... askSam is truly a superb database
      program that is ideal for all folks with a lot of information
      they would like to better organize."
      --Dale Farris, Vice President Golden Triangle PC Club

      "We've always been intrigued by askSam as it provides a very
      different model for data storage and access than other
      products. It is one of those tools that if you work the way it
      works, you soon can't live without it."
      -- Gearblog by Mark Gibbs

      How can askSam help you?

      askSam is the ideal application to organize your information. In
      business and academia, information is the valuable commodity
      that separates you from your peers. askSam is a flexible tool
      that can help you organize the different bits and pieces of
      information that cross your desk. Email messages, notes, Web
      pages, articles, research, askSam can help you manage the flood
      of information you encounter.

      askSam is a different kind of database - a free-form database
      designed for users rather than programmers. askSam makes it easy
      to turn anything into a searchable database: email messages,
      word processing documents, text files, spreadsheets, addresses,
      Web pages, and more.

      askSam gives you the power of a database without the complexity.
      No need to program or learn a complicated query language. With
      askSam, you simply import or enter information, and you're ready
      to search. askSam users range from individuals organizing email,
      addresses, and research notes to corporations and government
      organizations managing regulations, policy manuals, and
      corporate databases.

      We have templates for over 40 different applications available
      for free on our Web site at:
      http://www.asksam.com/templates/templates.asp

      Templates for organizing everything from books and CDs to names
      and addresses.

      We also have free ebooks available on our Web site. eBooks are
      free searchable databases that you can download and use with
      askSam.
      http://www.asksam.com/ebooks

      Try our FREE searchable database of Christmas Carol lyrics --
      search online or download to your computer...
      http://www.asksam.com/ebooks/christmas-carols/

      Try askSam - and talk to us (or email) - we're happy to show you
      how askSam can work for you.

      askSam has been helping people organize their information for
      almost 20 years (we started the company in 1985). We've won
      nearly every major industry award - including PC Magazine's
      Editors Choice, PC World's World Class Award two years in a row,
      the SIA People's Choice Award as Best Business Application. We
      hope you'll take advantage of this great offer, and please
      don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.

      Sincerely,

      Ann Hartman
      Office Manager
      askSam Systems
      800-800-1997 / 850-584-6590
      editor@...
      http://www.askSam.com

      P.S. This is a special offer which you received because you
      Downloaded or purchased askSam or SurfSaver or you subscribe to
      the askSam SurfReport or. If you call to place an order, please
      reference this email.

      HURRY!
      Offer expires December 17, 2007
      https://www.asksam.com/purchase/offers/785/asksam.asp

      More Information on:

      * askSam
      http://www.asksam.com

      * askSam Templates
      http://www.asksam.com/templates/templates.asp

      * askSam eBooks
      http://www.asksam.com/ebooks

      * SurfSaver
      http://www.surfsaver.com

      * Ordering via this special promotion
      https://www.asksam.com/purchase/offers/784/asksam.asp

      or you can call our sales department at 800-800-1997 (US only)
      +1 850-584-6590 (International)

      askSam respects your on-line privacy. To opt-out of any future
      messages, please click the following link:
      http://www.asksam.com/autoemail/manual_un.asp
      askSam Systems, 121 S. Jefferson St Perry FL 32348
      11:29 AM

      http://people.tribe.net/hayesstw
      Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com
      Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
    • Sherry
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2007
        I don't know how your program works, but I've been using OneNote from
        Microsoft. It's so awesome to be able to just send web pages, emails,
        documents, screen shots, etc over to OneNote with a click of a button.
        It's really easy to create new Notebooks and new Sections in each notebook.

        When I first got the program I wasn't quite sure what to do with it although
        I could see that it had possibilities. Then someone in our computer
        interest group showed how she used it for her research and I've used it
        constantly since!

        I'm working at setting up a Legacy user group and I'm using it to organize
        that as well as saving web pages that I find which will be helpful in my
        research along with recipes, crochet patterns, travel itineraries, and
        scrapbooking ideas!

        Can't tell you how much OneNote costs if you buy it as a stand-alone but
        mine came with my copy of Office 2007 Ultimate.

        Sherry

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2007
          On 15 Dec 2007 at 6:25, Sherry wrote:

          > I don't know how your program works, but I've been using OneNote from
          > Microsoft. It's so awesome to be able to just send web pages, emails,
          > documents, screen shots, etc over to OneNote with a click of a button.
          > It's really easy to create new Notebooks and new Sections in each notebook.
          >
          > When I first got the program I wasn't quite sure what to do with it although I
          > could see that it had possibilities. Then someone in our computer interest
          > group showed how she used it for her research and I've used it constantly
          > since!

          I've not seen that, but it sounds useful in a similar way to askSam, which I
          use for making bnotes from books, and collecting notes from a variety of
          sources. It's useful for putting information about people who may or may not
          be related so that you can find them again if you find they are related.

          Of course you can always make a note of that kind of thing on a piece of
          paper when searching sources, but then remembering where you put that bit of
          paper is often just as hard as remembering the original source.

          > I'm working at setting up a Legacy user group and I'm using it to organize
          > that as well as saving web pages that I find which will be helpful in my
          > research along with recipes, crochet patterns, travel itineraries, and
          > scrapbooking ideas!

          Yup, those are all the sort of things askSam is good for too.

          > Can't tell you how much OneNote costs if you buy it as a stand-alone but
          > mine came with my copy of Office 2007 Ultimate.

          How much does that cost?

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 16, 2007
            I don't know what the cost is - like I said, it was part of Office 2007
            Ultimate (which my daughter-in-law got for me from the Microsoft store).
            I'd suggest that you just check out pricing on some of the e-stores.

            I have heard that OneNote 2007 is much better than OneNote 2003 -
            specifically you can send things directly to OneNote in the 2007 version.
            If "send to one note" doesn't show up in the right click list on what you're
            viewing, a printer driver has been installed so you can "print" to that
            program.

            There is a free trial of the program on the MS website.
            http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/FX100487701033.aspx

            Sherry