Re: [gensoft] Web-based gen software solutions?

  • Daniel P. Kionka
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
      Chris Staats wrote:
      > For me the ideal genealogy software would run locally, but synchronize
      > with a web-based, main database (preferably hosted on my own web
      > server). Wouldn't it be great to take your laptop on a research trip,
      > enter a bunch of new information, and have that information uploaded as
      > soon as you had an active internet connection? ...

      Synchronizing with a web-based database was one of my goals with GDBI.
      It is a gedcom editor that updates PhpGedView data through its CGI
      interface. It has an option to save a local copy of PGV records. I
      never implemented synchronization of local edits, though. I have not
      worked on it for a while, but it would be a good starting point. See
      http://gdbi.sourceforge.net/