30GEDCOM standards

    Feb 14, 2006
      On 9 Feb 2006 at 14:21, his_jadedness wrote:

      > I quite agree. GEDCOM is a product that has long since passed its
      > sell-by date and should be removed from public comsumption... but
      > until the average end-users start demanding a better data export I'm
      > afraid the commercial firms will stay with it (sigh).

      While I agree that soething better may need to be developed, I disagree
      strongly that GEDCOM should be "removed from public consumption".

      Many people have backed up their data as GEDCOM, using programs that are no
      longer available, and if newer programs can't import GEDCOM files, much of
      that data will be lost.

      Web: http://www.geocities.com/hayesstw/stevesig.htm