2Re: [gensoft] This should prove interesting....

    Feb 8, 2006
      On 9 Feb 2006 at 4:24, pfablair wrote:

      > As one of those people who define present commercial genealogy
      > software program as LCD (think back to your maths classes!), I welcome
      > a chance to debate fresh ideas about what we might like...

      Right!

      And one of the things I would like is an event-based database that can pull
      in "Person" information from your main genealogy database (to save re-typing,
      but also allow you to add other persons. But more about that in a specific
      message devoted to that theme.

      For my lineage-linked programes I mainly use Legacy, which meets most of my
      needs, though there are some things that could be improved about it. And I
      use Family History System, which I've been using since 1987, when I got my
      first MS-DOS computer (was using CP/M before that). And I use PAF 4 to
      convert between them, and also use PAF for to import other people's gedcoms,
      find any people related to me, and spit out smaller GEDCOMs to import into my
      Research databases.--
      Web: http://www.geocities.com/hayesstw/stevesig.htm