117Re: [gensoft] Re: An event database

  • Bob Melson
    Nov 24, 2006
      > --- In gensoft@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Blair" <pblair30@...> wrote:
      >
      > > --- In gensoft@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Murphy" <raymur@> wrote:
      > >
      > [.....]
      >
      > [Online database PhpGedView]
      >
      > >The broadest genie software "church" I can think of is PhpGedView.
      > >This is open source, and contributors add modules that extend
      > >software functionality. Its use is server based, which is quite an
      > >advantage for collaboration.
      >
      > >Paul
      > >Australia
      >
      > RM: The online genealogy project looks fascinating, and thousands will
      > no doubt join up, but I'm not one of them because I cannot find the
      > download button - after running around in circles about 10 times :-(
      >
      > Ray

      Ray,

      Try: http://phpgedview.sourceforge.net

      About half way down the left margin is a link to "Download", which will
      take you to another page where there are instructions on how to download
      phpGedView from the sourceforge site. If that is not successful, I'll
      happily send a zipped copy of the latest version to your email address - but
      don't want to do that unless you agree.

      Regards,
      Bob Melson

      -----
      "People unfit for freedom---who cannot do much with it---are
      hungry for power." ---Eric Hoffer
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic