Re: [gensheet] request quail 4 midland & north west

  • Richard Maund
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2012
      ... particularly now Gerald Jacobs has stepped donw.

      ------- On 3 Dec 2012 Mike Stone wrote: ------

      > Last I heard was December at the earliest >
      > http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/news/full.asp?id=1&news=29
      >
      > which give todays date isn't tremendously helpful.
      > ;
      > The fact that P5 have published the new Trackmaps makes me wonder if
      > it ever will appear. ;
    • Mike Stone
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2012
        I don't know about that, I got a reply to a message I sent to Mike
        Bridge, which I never had from Mr. Jacobs.
        ;
        On 03/12/2012 19:33, Richard Maund wrote:
        > ... particularly now Gerald Jacobs has stepped donw.
        >
        > ------- On 3 Dec 2012 Mike Stone wrote: ------
        >
        >> Last I heard was December at the earliest >
        >> http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/news/full.asp?id=1&news=29
        >>
        >> which give todays date isn't tremendously helpful.
        >> ;
        >> The fact that P5 have published the new Trackmaps makes me wonder if
        >> it ever will appear. ;

        > List manager mail: gensheet-owner@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Website www.gensheet.co.uk
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul Stewart
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
          With thanks to an informer....

          Book 4, Midlands & North West 21/07/2013

          The process of updating Book 4, Midlands & North West has taken much longer than expected but is nearing completion. The book will include over four thousand individual amendments, there are more pages than previous versions including new maps and many new layouts and, as some major projects will be completing before the end of this year, we are trying to incorporate as many as possible. The process is now drawing to an end and the book will be going to print shortly. It will be available to purchase before the end of August. We are not taking orders yet but will advise the formal date at the beginning of August. Thank you for your patience.

          --- In gensheet@yahoogroups.com, "Stewart Paul (WORCESTERSHIRE PCT)" <p.stewart1@...> wrote:

          > The company decided to concentrate on producing TRACKatlas 2nd edition instead, which has recently come out and includes the new WCML layout etc up to the publication date.
          >
          > http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/trackmaps/product.asp?productid=1&shopcategory=2
          >
          > One of their track 'checkers' advised me recently there is no specific date for publication yet. They do get many queries about this.
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Paul Stewart
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 8, 2013
            Thank you to an informant. News just in....

            TRACKmaps, Quail Track Diagrams, Book 4 (red cover), Midlands & North West

            "The new Book 4, Midlands & North West 3rd edition, will be available from the end of August. THE SITE WILL OPEN FOR ORDERS ON 29th AUGUST and dispatches will commence on 2nd September."

            http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/news/full.asp?id=1&news=38

            --- In gensheet@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Stewart" <p.stewart1@...> wrote:

            > With thanks to an informer....
            >
            > Book 4, Midlands & North West 21/07/2013
            >
            > The process of updating Book 4, Midlands & North West has taken much longer than expected but is nearing completion. The book will include over four thousand individual amendments, there are more pages than previous versions including new maps and many new layouts and, as some major projects will be completing before the end of this year, we are trying to incorporate as many as possible. The process is now drawing to an end and the book will be going to print shortly. It will be available to purchase before the end of August. We are not taking orders yet but will advise the formal date at the beginning of August. Thank you for your patience.
            >
            > --- In gensheet@yahoogroups.com, "Stewart Paul (WORCESTERSHIRE PCT)" <p.stewart1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > The company decided to concentrate on producing TRACKatlas 2nd edition instead, which has recently come out and includes the new WCML layout etc up to the publication date.
            > >
            > > http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/trackmaps/product.asp?productid=1&shopcategory=2
            > >
            > > One of their track 'checkers' advised me recently there is no specific date for publication yet. They do get many queries about this.
            > >
            > > ________________________________

          • James Fairchild
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013
              Has anyone actually been able to order this? I just clicked now (8am sunday) and receive the message

              "Very Sorry

              We are aware of this problem

              Due to unprecedented demand for a new book our web server is experiencing problems.

              Please come back to this site in an hour or two.

              We will ensure this does not happen next time we launch a new book

              Regards

              Pete Lister"

              ------------------------------
              On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 10:20 PM BST Paul Stewart wrote:

              >Thank you to an informant. News just in....
              >
              >TRACKmaps, Quail Track Diagrams, Book 4 (red cover), Midlands & North West
              >
              >"The new Book 4, Midlands & North West 3rd edition, will be available from the end of August. THE SITE WILL OPEN FOR ORDERS ON 29th AUGUST and dispatches will commence on 2nd September."
              >
              >http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/news/full.asp?id=1&news=38
              >
              >--- In gensheet@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Stewart" <p.stewart1@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> With thanks to an informer....
              >>
              >> Book 4, Midlands & North West 21/07/2013
              >>
              >> The process of updating Book 4, Midlands & North West has taken much longer than expected but is nearing completion. The book will include over four thousand individual amendments, there are more pages than previous versions including new maps and many new layouts and, as some major projects will be completing before the end of this year, we are trying to incorporate as many as possible. The process is now drawing to an end and the book will be going to print shortly. It will be available to purchase before the end of August. We are not taking orders yet but will advise the formal date at the beginning of August. Thank you for your patience.
              >>
              >> --- In gensheet@yahoogroups.com, "Stewart Paul (WORCESTERSHIRE PCT)" <p.stewart1@> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > The company decided to concentrate on producing TRACKatlas 2nd edition instead, which has recently come out and includes the new WCML layout etc up to the publication date.
              >> >
              >> > http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/trackmaps/product.asp?productid=1&shopcategory=2
              >> >
              >> > One of their track 'checkers' advised me recently there is no specific date for publication yet. They do get many queries about this.
              >> >
              >> > ________________________________

            • Andy C
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013
                Not sure about ordering, but I saw it for sale yesterday in a number of book shops including the London Transport Museum at Covent Garden, might make it easier for some,

                Cheers
                Andy C
                Please check out my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyc2012

                Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

                From: James Fairchild <jamesfairchild@...>
                Sender: gensheet@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 08:13:00 +0100 (BST)
                To: <gensheet@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: gensheet@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [gensheet] Re: request quail 4 midland & north west

                Has anyone actually been able to order this? I just clicked now (8am sunday) and receive the message

                "Very Sorry

                We are aware of this problem

                Due to unprecedented demand for a new book our web server is experiencing problems.

                Please come back to this site in an hour or two.

                We will ensure this does not happen next time we launch a new book

                Regards

                Pete Lister"

                ------------------------------

                On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 10:20 PM BST Paul Stewart wrote:

                >Thank you to an informant. News just in....
                >
                >TRACKmaps, Quail Track Diagrams, Book 4 (red cover), Midlands & North West
                >
                >"The new Book 4, Midlands & North West 3rd edition, will be available from the end of August. THE SITE WILL OPEN FOR ORDERS ON 29th AUGUST and dispatches will commence on 2nd September."
                >
                >http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/news/full.asp?id=1&news=38
                >
                >--- In gensheet@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Stewart" <p.stewart1@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> With thanks to an informer....
                >>
                >> Book 4, Midlands & North West 21/07/2013
                >>
                >> The process of updating Book 4, Midlands & North West has taken much longer than expected but is nearing completion. The book will include over four thousand individual amendments, there are more pages than previous versions including new maps and many new layouts and, as some major projects will be completing before the end of this year, we are trying to incorporate as many as possible. The process is now drawing to an end and the book will be going to print shortly. It will be available to purchase before the end of August. We are not taking orders yet but will advise the formal date at the beginning of August. Thank you for your patience.
                >>
                >> --- In gensheet@yahoogroups.com, "Stewart Paul (WORCESTERSHIRE PCT)" <p.stewart1@> wrote:
                >> >
                >> > The company decided to concentrate on producing TRACKatlas 2nd edition instead, which has recently come out and includes the new WCML layout etc up to the publication date.
                >> >
                >> > http://www.trackmaps.co.uk/trackmaps/product.asp?productid=1&shopcategory=2
                >> >
                >> > One of their track 'checkers' advised me recently there is no specific date for publication yet. They do get many queries about this.
                >> >
                >> > ________________________________

              • 47517
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 8, 2013
                  Morning James,

                  I ordered mine on the 29th and no problems at all with the website, although on the news update section it did say that there had been problems with the speed of the site earlier.  The books arrived on Thursday.

                  Perhaps worth a go tomorrow when the office is manned and any issues have been resolved.  But no problems when I used it.

                  47517

                  Sent from my iPhone

                • Thomas Gilby
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 9, 2013
                    Ordered mine 29th.August,duly received 3rd.September! Well done Trackmaps (and Royal Mail).