photo indexing software?

  • Jenkins
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17 3:32 PM
      Hi everyone. I'm a newbie and " list virgin " so here goes.
      I have copies of about 300 photos copied by 35m camera and printed in black and white which I now want to index. I don't want to scan them as yet so want a relatively simple database system to index who is in the photos, where, the approx date, which photo album they are in , negative number, etc and be able to pull out for example " all photos of Albert Smart". My husband is computer literate and says he could do it in Access but I'll probably have to wait forever for him and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
      Any suggestions? Many thanks.
      PS Hope I've done this right! (-: (Smile from the Southern Hemisphere!)
      Alison Jenkins
      New Zealand

    • Maggiebee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17 4:33 PM
        Hi Alison,
        Do you have list maker or similar? this would easily do what you require.
        If you are in Ak or surrounds you might get the phone number from my website
        and ring me I'd probably be able to help you.
        Regards Maggiebee
        http://touchingmemories.ipfox.com/
        Photo Editing
        http://www.geocities.com/maggiebee_99
        Franklin District Rose Society
      • Richard Brandstetter
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 17 5:06 PM
          suggestion; go into Access and open File then New then Databases there you
          will Find "Picture Library" It will set it up for you .It can do it all for
          you .
          Richard Brandstetter
          www.weddings-nj.com
          www.brandstetter-photo.bigstep.com

          > Hi everyone. I'm a newbie and " list virgin " so here goes.
          > I have copies of about 300 photos copied by 35m camera and printed in
          black and white which I now want to index. I don't want to scan them as yet
          so want a relatively simple database system to index who is in the photos,
          where, the approx date, which photo album they are in , negative number, etc
          and be able to pull out for example " all photos of Albert Smart". My
          husband is computer literate and says he could do it in Access but I'll
          probably have to wait forever for him and I don't want to reinvent the
          wheel.
          > Any suggestions? Many thanks.
          > PS Hope I've done this right! (-: (Smile from the Southern Hemisphere!)
          > Alison Jenkins
          > New Zealand
        • Jenkins
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19 3:41 PM
            Thanks for your suggestion but I cant find "Picture Library" in my Access.
            I'm using Office 2000. (My computer literate hubbie did the searching )