Re: Preservation Questions

  • Marla Deutsch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
      I wonder if you can help me with a similar situation. My great aunt kept a
      scrapbook of any published event that affected her family and friends. The
      articles have been a treasure trove of clues when trying to put together this
      tree. However, the articles were placed one on top of the other, and I am
      afraid I would damage the upper ones (and maybe even the lower ones) by
      peeling them off. Do you know of any way to remove them safely?

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Marla Deutsch

    • DVGagel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
        If possible, photocopy or scan the articles. If the clippings are newspaper
        they will get brittle and crumble eventually anyway. When I obtain old clips
        I photocopy on acid free paper. It is the information that is important, not
        the paper.
        Diane