Permanence of Kodak/Noritsu prints

  • John C. Jernigan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2001
      How does the permanence of Kodak/Noritsu prints compare to other
      processes (dye-sub, ink jet, etal)?
      http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/dls/faqs/
      Also, exactly what process do these printers use?
      I know that these are not "consumer" printers, but could become cost
      effective alternatives as they become more "self service" in the local
      photo shops (and even retail chains).
      Can anybody enlighten me?
      Thanks,
      John J.
    • geniefax@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
        How does the permanence of Kodak/Noritsu prints compare to other
        processes (dye-sub, ink jet, etal)?
        http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/dls/faqs/
        Also, exactly what process do these printers use?
        I know that these are not "consumer" printers, but could become cost
        effective alternatives as they become more "self service" in the local
        photo shops (and even retail chains).
        Can anybody enlighten me?

        Dear John: Did you ever get an answer to your query? I would like to know
        whatever you discovered. Thanks,

        Karen Langer

      • John C. Jernigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
          No responses yet. I will forward anything I get to you.
          Regards
          John

          geniefax@... wrote:

          > How does the permanence of Kodak/Noritsu prints compare to other
          > processes (dye-sub, ink jet, etal)?
          > http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/dls/faqs/
          > Also, exactly what process do these printers use?
          > I know that these are not "consumer" printers, but could become cost
          > effective alternatives as they become more "self service" in the local
          > photo shops (and even retail chains).
          > Can anybody enlighten me?
          >
          > Dear John: Did you ever get an answer to your query? I would like to know
          > whatever you discovered. Thanks,
          >
          > Karen Langer

          > (please contact editor@...)
          > City Gallery: http://www.city-gallery.com/

        • Michael McColgin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
            Take a look at Henry Wilhelm's website. He's well-respected and has
            reported some interesting results. He may be able to help you.
            Michael McColgin
            Cosnervation Officer
            Arizona State Archives

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
              I probably forgot to enclose the site. Sorry. Some of the tests Henry does
              take a long time, but he's worth the wait.
              http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/news/wilhelm102999.html
              Michael

            • Richard Brandstetter
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001