Black and White

  • HDMShort@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2001
      Hi listers:

      Sorry to break my promise about not pestering you with more questions. I've
      seen many nice scans of black and white articles from books, text on plain
      white paper and newspapers.

      When I try this I always end up with a dark gray background which I can't get
      rid of. Does anyone one have any tips on how to correct this problem?

      THANKS to everyone out there who has helped me in the past!

      Harry
      In California
    • Bryan Logan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2001
        At 08:45 PM 3/9/01 -0500, HDMShort@... wrote:

        >Sorry to break my promise about not pestering you with more questions. I've
        >seen many nice scans of black and white articles from books, text on plain
        >white paper and newspapers.
        >
        >When I try this I always end up with a dark gray background which I can't get
        >rid of. Does anyone one have any tips on how to correct this problem?

        You're probably scanning in gray scale. For black-on-white output of
        books, newspapers and the like, set your scanner to "line art".

        Hope this helps,

        Bryan Logan
        * bvlogan@... *