Re: [genphoto] tintype question?

  • James M Conway
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2000
      The answer is yes ...in fact all types of early photos were often hand
      colored. An excellent book on the subject is "The Painted Photograph -
      1839-1914" published by the Pennsylvania State University Press. Loads
      of illustrations that make it a valuable reference and a "must see" for
      anyone interested in the "art alliance" in early photography. Perhaps
      your library will have a copy of it.

      Jim Conway
      Timemark Photo Conservators