Unusual CDV

  • jbishop
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2000
      Do any of you know anything about the following CDV which I
      acquired? the photo depicts a mother who is embracing and
      conforting a son our daughter, with an older daughter
      sitting alongside reading a newspaper with headlines
      "EXTRA"; behind the mother on the wall is a framed
      photograph of what appears to be her spouse.

      It seems from the written information that this photo was
      done to show the impact of the war between the states on
      families.

      Here's what is printed beneath the scene of the CDV print:

      "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1864, by
      John P. Soule, in the clerk's office of the District Court
      for the District of Massachusetts. ‘HOPES AND FEARS.' From
      the original by G. G. Fish. Photo. And Pub. By J. P. Soule,
      Boston."

      Any help will be appreciated.