Re: [genphoto] First Photo of Human?

  • Michael Stupinski
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2010
      Very interesting photo, but some of the posts on it at that site
      indicate that people will see almost anything in a photo that they let
      their imaginations suggest. I downloaded the wikimedia version of the
      photo (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Boulevard_du_Temple_by_Daguerre.jpg
      ), which is the highest resolution version that I could come up with,
      and no amount of image analysis I did provided any convincing evidence
      of other people or objects beyond what you can see clearly in the
      basic photo as presented.

      Thanks for posting it.

      ......Mike

      On Oct 28, 2010, at 12:21 AM, Sailors Ravine Studio wrote:

      > Thought some of you might be interested in this close up look of a
      > Louis Daguerre Daguerreotype taken in 1838.
      >
      > http://www.hokumburg.com/2010/10/squail-of-day-september-8-th-2010-first.html
      >
      > Danielle
      > www.sailorsravinestudio.blogspot.com

    • Sailors Ravine Studio
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2010
        Interesting. I'll check it out.  I was suspicious when I saw all the additional comments.

        Danielle

        http://sailorsravinestudio.blogspot.com/
        http://sailorsravinestudio.etsy.com/

        From: Michael Stupinski <stupnski@...>
        Subject: Re: [genphoto] First Photo of Human?

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2010
          BTW, in my last post I wasn't challenging the validity of the
          conclusion that there is an image of the man apparently getting a shoe
          shine. I find that convincing.

          ......Mike