First Photo of Human?

  • Sailors Ravine Studio
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2010
      Thought some of you might be interested in this close up look of a Louis Daguerre Daguerreotype taken in 1838.

      http://www.hokumburg.com/2010/10/squail-of-day-september-8-th-2010-first.html

      Danielle
      www.sailorsravinestudio.blogspot.com
    • Michael Stupinski
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2010
        Very interesting photo, but some of the posts on it at that site
        indicate that people will see almost anything in a photo that they let
        their imaginations suggest. I downloaded the wikimedia version of the
        photo (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Boulevard_du_Temple_by_Daguerre.jpg
        ), which is the highest resolution version that I could come up with,
        and no amount of image analysis I did provided any convincing evidence
        of other people or objects beyond what you can see clearly in the
        basic photo as presented.

        Thanks for posting it.

        ......Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2010
          Interesting. I'll check it out.  I was suspicious when I saw all the additional comments.

          Danielle

          http://sailorsravinestudio.blogspot.com/
          http://sailorsravinestudio.etsy.com/

          From: Michael Stupinski <stupnski@...>
          Subject: Re: [genphoto] First Photo of Human?

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 28, 2010
            BTW, in my last post I wasn't challenging the validity of the
            conclusion that there is an image of the man apparently getting a shoe
            shine. I find that convincing.

            ......Mike