Re: Advice on negative storage

  • Brina
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2009
      --- In genphoto@yahoogroups.com, "Krista" <khillman@...> wrote:

      > I have quite a few negatives from the 1940's that I recently acquired from my grandmother. They were just stuck here and there. I would like to know the best solution for storing them. Any suggestions?

      Use archival, P.A.T.-tested products such as those found at www.lightimpressionsdirect.com or other quality archival storage product sellers.

      You can either carefully slide them into poly sleeves or use the negative envelopes (I would prefer envelopes). Store them separately from prints, in either an archival file or box. First, so that you don't have negatives and any matching prints in the same place (should something happen to that storage box or area) and second because there could be a reaction between the two and cause degradation.

      Brina Bolanz
      www.restoredstories.com