grouply

  • sailorsravinestudio
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 1:55 PM
      I received an email today from someone who said they were with the
      genforum group and to click on his link to see his grouply web page.
      I did not click on the link because it seemed a little strange.
      However I also received grouply emails on some of my other yahoo
      groups and many people were warning that it is a phishing email and
      can do damage, others said it was rumor. However there was a message
      posted with one group member's yahoo email which she later posted to
      the group noting she had not sent it but had clicked on a grouply link
      earlier. The email came directly to me not through the group.
      Danielle
    • Susan Farmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25 4:29 PM
        Quoting sailorsravinestudio <sailorsravinestudio@...>:

        > I received an email today from someone who said they were with the
        > genforum group and to click on his link to see his grouply web page.
        > I did not click on the link because it seemed a little strange.
        > However I also received grouply emails on some of my other yahoo
        > groups and many people were warning that it is a phishing email and
        > can do damage, others said it was rumor. However there was a message
        > posted with one group member's yahoo email which she later posted to
        > the group noting she had not sent it but had clicked on a grouply link
        > earlier. The email came directly to me not through the group.

        Grouply *LOOKS* nice, but you have to give it your yahoo password and
        ID. Given some of the notes on Snopes.com, grouply then can archive
        *ALL* postings on a Closed List.

        If you're on Grouply, I can't suggest that you leave it strongly
        enough. You're giving a 3rd party access to not only your personal
        information, but information about folks on this group.

        IMO, Grouply is BAD NEWS. (spoken as member, not moderator)

        http://www.ncs-tech.org/?p=1146
        http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=508572

        Susan
        -----