Re: [genphoto] Scanning Photos

  • Gwen Hopkins
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2008
      Hi Lisa
      I'm sure you will get many reconmadation for photo scaners but an all in one will scan your photo's just as well as a photo only scaner, neg, and slides not so well of course. 300dpi is high enough to print 1 to 1,  if you want to print larger than the original you might want to save it in a higher dpi.  Save your photo's in a TIFF format for best reporduction.  JPEG or GIF will work too but not quite as well.

      Be smart and make file folders and organize your photo's as you go so that you don't have to go back and do it later.  (I learned the hard way).

      I also have an external hard drive for my photo's and save them on dvd's as well so that I have back up's.

      Good Luck

      Gwen